When strolling and inspecting the monuments of Lviv, pay attention to the Church of St. Casimir. With this simple building in the Baroque style, many legends and dowels are associated. The name of the temple is named after the young Lithuanian prince, who died at the age of 26 years from tuberculosis, was enrolled in a number of saints. When the casimir was discovered, it turned out that his body practically preserved the primitive form, since then the place was called miraculous. The very building of the temple was erected for the monks of the Roman Catholic Order of the Reformed in 1656-1664. The times were changing, and the name of the church was often changed with them. The present church of St. Casimir was previously referred to as St. Catherine, mercy, missionary. Today, the shelter for orphans is attached to the temple, and the building itself is owned by the Lviv Institute of Internal Affairs.
Church at different times carried different names: missionary, St. Catherine, mercy, St. Casimir.
Mon-Sun from 09:00 to 18:00